Delphi brake discs have been fully compliant with R90 quality standards for many years.
Recently introduced legislation states that brake discs fitted to vehicles launched after November 1st 2016 must be fully compliant with ECE R90 quality standards. Delphi brake discs have been fully compliant with R90 quality standards for many years so when it comes to R90, we’ve got it covered!
It goes without saying that each and every brake part should perform just like the OE. After all it’s a safety critical component,That’s why all Delphi parts are engineered and validated to deliver the same levels of performance and durability as the OE. As a leading Tier-1 OE manufacturer, this is an approach we’ve always followed, so for us R90 really isn’t any different.”
Alex Ashmore, president, Delphi Product & Service Solutions.
When it comes to providing OE-quality brake discs – Trust Delphi.
What exactly is R90?
- ECE R90 legislation ensures consistency and high quality levels within
- Testing is carried out to confirm performance is within a 15% tolerance of the OE part.
- R90 on brake discs applies to newly homologated vehicles from 1st November 2016.
How will I know if discs are R90 compliant?
- An ECE R90 number specific to part number and manufacturer must be
etched onto the disc.
- The packaging must show the ECE R90 number along with full vehicle
- R90 on brake discs applies to vehicles launched from November 1st
|Visit the Auto Torque blog to catch-up on the latest industry news.|